2008年6月20日 星期五

Reflection 2

Written by Tim

Finishing this project is the best assignment I have done in my life. I am highly motivated to involve myself into writing this project. For one thing, I have a deeper understandings and interactions with those exchange students this semester. For another thing, I can ask more private and sensitive questions that I won’t ask in the daily conversations.

Through this project, I gradually understand Taiwan better because they are the new immigrants. I didn’t think Taiwanese people lack international perspective, but the truth is that people do. For example, lots of people would directly link white people with American. However, they feel annoyed while Taiwanese say in that way. The other thing is that people have only one perspective of one thing. Take the gun shooting in Virginia for another example, most Taiwanese would talk about this incident with Richard. Except this incident, most Taiwanese know nothing about Virginia. He finds it not fair to him because people only have bad impressions on Virginia.

I feel lucky to meet those exchange students and broaden my horizon. I haven’t thought about the various possibilities in my life. Suddenly, I become more flexible to accept many creative ideas that are totally different from that of the traditional Taiwanese. They have enriched my life in every possible way. Over this process, I met some good people and bad people. However, I also appreciate those who treat me very bad. Due to their bad attitude, I learn how to be more open-minded and respect the variety of cultures. Right now, I love to understand all kinds of cultures and meet people who have the different cultures from Taiwan. Finally, I decide to become an exchange student as well to put my dream into practice. I am convinced that I can learn my desired knowledge and experiences for my whole life while having my exchange year in Austria.

There is still leaving something to be desired in this project. We hope people can experience those wonderful things by themselves. Therefore, we are doing this project to encourage people to carry out their dreams rather than hide them. Are you also inspired by our project? Go for it. Don’t leave any regret in your life.

沒有留言: